The Online Class Experience
New to online classes? Here’s what to expect after you register for an online graduate class:
- You will receive a registration confirmation email from firstname.lastname@example.org with the course and instructor information.
- No later than the Friday before the class start date, you will receive an email from your class instructor that includes login information.
- In addition, you will receive a phone call from your instructor by this date
(if in the U.S.).
- Use your login information to access our web-based learning platform, Canvas.
To prepare for the class, you should:
- Review tutorials.
- Complete your profile.
- Set up notification preferences.
- You will receive an invitation to join the course directly from
Canvas (email@example.com) on the class start date.
- You will gain access to the course at 9 am on the class start date (always a Tuesday).
- Log into Canvas, access the course, and your professional learning experience begins!
Using Canvas: A Video Tutorial
For a quick look at how to navigate our web-based learning platform, Canvas, check out this video tutorial: