Steven Northup, M.A.
Professional educator since 1982.
Where I Teach:
What I Teach:
- Achieving Student Outcomes Through Cooperative Learning™
- Behavioral, Academic, and Social Interventions for the Classroom™
- Building Communication and Teamwork in the Classroom®
- Classroom Management: Orchestrating a Community of Learners®
- Differentiated Instruction for Today’s Classroom®
- Meaningful Activities to Generate Interesting Classrooms™
- Purposeful Learning Through Multiple Intelligences™
- Strategies for the Inclusive Classroom™
- Student Engagement and Standards-Based Learning™
- Successful Teaching for Acceptance of Responsibility®
- Teaching Through Learning Channels™
B.A. in Music Education K-12 , Eastern Illinois University, 1981
M.A. in Teaching, Rockford College, 2005
P: 866.PLS.CLAS (866.757.2527)
Why I love teaching PLS 3rd Learning classes:
I believe that great teaching is truly an art form. What I love about teaching PLS 3rd Learning classes is showing participants their potential and helping them grow into it. Great teaching, for students of any age, touches the future. It is planting the seeds of dreams, and then helping students work toward, and gradually reach, those dreams.
What are students saying about my classes?
“Steven is a fantastic instructor! His ability to clarify and add to the content is so helpful. He keeps things light and moving. The teaching knowledge he brings to the classroom is inspiring. His positive attitude is contagious. His use of quotes, music, and teaching anecdotes really added to the class! He is motivating and thought-provoking, and gets his students to see things from multiple perspectives which maximizes the learning. A great investment of my time!” Paula Zink, Jefferson Elementary, Belleville, IL