Lisa VanderSchaaf, M.A.
Professional educator since 1996.
Where I Teach:
What I Teach:
- Behavioral, Academic, and Social Interventions for the Classroom™
- Brain-Based Ways We Think and Learn™
- Classroom Management: Orchestrating a Community of Learners®
- Collaborative Inquiry for Students: Preparing Minds for the Future™
- Differentiated Instruction for Today’s Classroom™
- Meaningful Activities to Generate Interesting Classrooms™
- Purposeful Learning Through Multiple Intelligences™
- Reading Across the Curriculum™
- Teaching Through Learning Channels™
B.A. in Elementary Education, Rockford College, 1985
M.A. in Instructional Strategies, Rockford College, 2007
P: 866.PLS.CLAS (866.757.2527)
Why I love teaching PLS 3rd Learning classes:
I love sharing my knowledge with students. My favorite moments with students occur when I make connections and build that community of learners. Watching the "light bulb" moments are priceless – both as a classroom teacher and as a PLS 3rd Learning instructor.
What are students saying about my classes?
"I have had the pleasure of taking several PLS courses with Lisa VanderSchaaf over the past 3 years both in the summer and during the school year. Both scenarios have proved beneficial in my experience as a teacher, and I would recommend any and all of the courses she teaches. Lisa gets to the point and give you a lot of good strategies and ideas that are actually useful in the classroom. She makes the learning environment comfortable, entertaining, and very accessible to those with busy families and other outside commitments. I cannot wait to sign up for another one of her classes!" - Kelly Burns, New Lenox, IL