John Schmitt, M.Ed.
Professional educator since 1982.
Where I Teach:
What I Teach:
- Achieving Student Outcomes Through Cooperative Learning™
- Behavioral, Academic, and Social Interventions for the Classroom™
- Building Communication and Teamwork in the Classroom®
- Collaborative Inquiry for Students: Preparing Minds for the Future®
- Designing Motivation for All Learners®
- Differentiated Instruction for Today’s Classroom®
- Meaningful Activities to Generate Interesting Classrooms™
- Purposeful Learning Through Multiple Intelligences™
- Student Engagement and Standards-Based Learning™
- Successful Teaching for Acceptance of Responsibility®
- Teaching Through Learning Channels™
B.A. in Social Science Education, Mercyhurst College, 1978
M.Ed. in Educational Psychology, Edinboro University of Pennsylvania, 1982
P: 866.PLS.CLAS (866.757.2527)
Why I love teaching PLS 3rd Learning classes:
Nothing can beat the satisfaction of helping teachers discover new strategies to improve the craft of teaching. Teachers look to PLS 3rd Learning for positive, practical tools that will help them better meet the needs of their students. There are also a few surprises along the way, such as when "Bill" told me on the first day of class that he was an "old dinosaur" who didn't plan to get much out of his PLS 3rd Learning class. He was just there to get a bump in pay. His fellow students applauded for him when he announced on the last day of class that his experience with PLS 3rd Learning had rejuvenated him – and would lead him to create some big changes in his classroom.
What are students saying about my classes?
"John Schmitt has the perfect demeanor for facilitating teacher-education classes, and shows great care, enthusiasm, and compelling belief in what he does. He meets each person where they are and in a kind and completely nonjudgmental way encourages improvement and change in each person’s teaching philosophy and instruction. His impact is immeasurable because the learning is passed on to students and beyond. John embodies and models the big ideas and strategies that he is passing on to educators." - Karen Potocki, North East, PA